Veranstaltungen // 28. Juli 2020
Living Machines | Freiburg, Germany
The development of future real-world technologies will depend strongly on our understanding and harnessing of the principles underlying living systems and the flow of communication signals between living and artificial systems.
The following are some examples of “Living Machines” as featured at past conferences:
- Biomimetic robots and their component technologies (sensors, actuators, processors) that can intelligently interact with their environments.
- Biomimetic computers—neuromimetic emulations of the physiological basis for intelligent behaviour.
- Active biomimetic materials and structures that self-organize and self-repair or show other bio-inspired functions.
- Nature-inspired designs and manufacturing processes.
- Biohybrid brain-machine interfaces and neural implants.
- Artificial organs and body-parts including sensory organ-chip hybrids and intelligent prostheses.
- Organism-level biohybrids such as robot-animal or robot-human systems.
March 23, 2020 Paper submission deadline
May 15, 2020 Notification of acceptance
May 25, 2020 Camera ready copy
July 28, 29-31, 2020 Workshops and Conference