Veranstaltungen // 28. Juli 2020
Living Machines | Freiburg, Germany
This international conference is targeted at the intersection of research on novel life-like technologies inspired by the scientific investigation of biological systems — biomimetics, and research that seeks to interface biological and artificial systems to create biohybrid systems. We seek to highlight the most exciting international research in both of these fields united by theme of “Living Machines”.
The following are some examples of “Living Machines” as featured at past conferences:
- Biomimetic robots and their component technologies (sensors, actuators, processors) that can intelligently interact with their environments.
- Biomimetic computers—neuromimetic emulations of the physiological basis for intelligent behaviour.
- Active biomimetic materials and structures that self-organize and self-repair or show other bio-inspired functions.
- Nature-inspired designs and manufacturing processes.
- Biohybrid brain-machine interfaces and neural implants.
- Artificial organs and body-parts including sensory organ-chip hybrids and intelligent prostheses.
- Organism-level biohybrids such as robot-animal or robot-human systems.
March 23, 2020 Paper submission deadline
May 15, 2020 Notification of acceptance
May 25, 2020 Camera ready copy
July 28, 29-31, 2020 Workshops and Conference
Call for Satellite Workshops
Proposals for one-day satellite events, such as workshops, symposia or tutorials, to be held on 28th of July immediately before to the start of the main conference can be submitted using the included proforma by March 30th, 2020 at the latest. Confirmation of accepted proposals will be provided on a case-by-case basis and by mid-April at the latest.